Do you think your tax code is wrong?

HMRC has launched a new online email service which allows company directors and employees to tell HMRC that they think their PAYE code is wrong. There’s no need to register and anyone who pays tax under PAYE can complete and submit the electronic form.

Unfortunately you won’t be able to complete it for historical queries, but if you’ve received a 2014/15 PAYE Coding Notice and think the tax code is wrong you can give them details of your wages, pensions, benefits and company perks so that they can work out a more accurate coding for you.

HMRC are saying that it’s a quick, convenient and secure way for you to sort out your tax code. They also say that they’ll send you an immediate online acknowledgement and respond to you within 15 days – pretty quick by HMRC standards, but I guess time will tell.

You can access the online email form HERE.

To discuss this post contact Stephen Usher on 0141 418 6550 or

– See more at:

What our clients say...

I have used KPP as my accountants since April 2015. The team has provided me with expert advice on contractors accounts. They are very professional and efficient whilst providing clear and concise guidance

Anthony Harbinson, Contractor