Who needs to send a Self Assessment?

Individuals who are required to file a Self Assessment tax return include:

  • Those who are self-employed / sole traders
  • A partner in a business partnership
  • A minister of religion
  • A trustee
  • An executor or administrator of a deceased’s estate
  • You’re a company director and your income is not taxed under PAYE

Even if you are on PAYE, you may need to complete Self Assessment if:

  • You have additional income from property, investments and other sources
  • You have taxable foreign income
  • You have an annual income of over £100,000
  • You or your partner receive child benefit and your income is over £50,000
  • Your claims for expenses are over £2,500
  • You have capital gains

There may also be other reasons as to why you need to send a Self Assessment tax return.

What our clients say...

I’ve found out more from you today than in all the time I was with my previous accountant!

James Wilson, James Wilson Interiors Ltd